It’s for WNW Learning Disability Team. They are currently working from home, however the office remains open for wellbeing purposes.
They do need candidates who can start asap.
Job Purpose & Context:
Responsible for providing a high quality and comprehensive social work service to adults, carers and the community in accordance with statutory guidelines and the Authority’s needs, policies and practices. Responsible for managing a caseload involving high levels of challenging and complexity including the assessment and management of risk.
· Undertake a wide range of complex assessments including Community Care and Best Interest Assessments and construct innovative and cost-effective solutions
· Carry out Safeguarding investigations within multi-agency procedures
· Carry out risk assessments and identify needs and options
· Using a person-centred approach, develop and maintain effective relationships with service users, their families and carers enabling them to make informed choices
· Promote independence and early intervention, helping resolve conflict where needed
· Contribute to the enhanced screening of new referrals and existing service users
· Work in courts with appropriate support to obtain and implement court orders
· Contribute to the development of practice and services
· Carry out specific pieces of work on cases that are allocated to other teams
· Undertake the Practice Educator Level 2 role
· Participate in the Approved Mental Health Practitioner (AMHP) rota where qualified
Undertake the office duty role as required
What's on offer for the Social Worker
· Excellent competitive pay rate – paid weekly!
· Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
· Desirable location with excellent transport links
· A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Adults
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**