We are in need of 6 Qualified Social Workers within one of our Integrated Health and Social Care Integrated Teams base across the five Bury neighbourhoods.
The working pattern would be 5 days a week, agile working but expected to do home visits and visit care homes when necessary. There will be D2A cases as part of the work load in the integrated teams. Staff usually work from home with laptops and mobile phones and can also do some reviews and assessments on the phone, however capacity assessments and best interest type work would require face to face meetings.
You will need to be a confident communicator, quick to learn, have a real can-do approach, demonstrate sound professional knowledge which in turn will be used to support and guide others, particularly with regard to current legislation including that of Safeguarding Adults.
As someone who embraces change, you will positively support Operational Management and work well with change and service developments. You will also play a key role working as part of an integrated neighbourhood team being co-located with health colleagues and working closely with partner organisations and stakeholders.
The post holder will be experienced in managing conflicting priorities and making quick evidence based decisions to enforce a safe and effective journey for adults within Bury. You will be required to work with people in a broad range of situations and ranging complexities, working towards enabling people to take control of their own lives and focusing on what is important to them .
You will be able to build rapport and trust to establish effective relationships with people to support, engage and enable them to identify their strengths. This will be achieved through meaningful conversations and assessment, using an asset and strengths based approach to encourage people to manage their own health and social care needs better.
You will need to understand the functionality of a duty system and associated case work, offering relevant advise and support to your multidisciplinary colleagues by sharing your knowledge and experience.
Ideally we would like candidates that have experience working with local authorities, due to the processes and systems we use.
We can offer:
- Flexibility with working, with laptops and phones available
- 37 hour weeks
- Permanent Senior Management Team
- Manageable caseloads
- Car users allowance where applicable
What’s on offer for the Social Worker
· Excellent competitive pay rate – paid weekly!
· Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
· Desirable location with excellent transport links
· A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Adults
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**