ROLE: Children’s Social Worker
CONTRACT: 3 months with potential to be extended
RATE: £25+ph umbrella tbc
QUALS: Social Work degree and SWE registration
The Children with Disabilities Team assesses the care needs of children, young people and their families where a child has a significant and enduring disability and/or health needs. The team works with children under Section2 (CSDP Act 1970), children in need, children who are subject to child protection plans, those who are looked after and who may be subject to court proceedings. The service ensures that children’s needs are assessed, planned for and reviewed, bringing together the multi-agency teams around children and young people to assess and meet needs. The service also identifies and manages the provision of short break services where assessed as appropriate.
We are looking to recruit a forward-thinking and experienced qualified social worker, preferably with some experience of working with children with disabilities. Applications from people with a demonstrable interest and who are keen to learn about working with children with disabilities will also be considered. You will have knowledge and experience in safeguarding and working with looked after children.
You will be joining an enthusiastic and experienced team who are passionate about outcomes for children with disabilities. You will contribute to progress as we continue to establish and embed child focussed ways of working with children, young people and families throughout our work. You will be a reliable, dependable team member and a strong team player.
Using the Signs of Safety approach adopted across Bury children’s Services, you will be working with partner agencies and will have considerable transferable skills in this area. You will demonstrate an ability to contribute to a positive working environment, with empathy and support. In return we will provide you with regular supervision, the opportunity for progressive professional development and the chance to work with a team dedicated and committed to achieving best outcomes for children in Bury.
Working with Bury
• Flexible Working arrangements with equipment provided for working at home as part of your working week
• Manageable caseloads
• A permanent Senior Management Team
• Membership of the Greater Manchester Pension Fund (a career average-salary scheme).
• A 37 hour working week.
• 25 days’ annual leave, rising to 30 days’ after five years.
• An Annual Leave Purchase Scheme, allowing you to buy up to ten additional days leave.
• Excellent transport links through buses and trams
• Car users allowance where applicable
• Car park permit discount scheme
• Personal Development Programme
• Full training in Signs of Safety Model of Practice
• Employee Discount Scheme which provides discounts with local businesses as well as car loans, car purchasing, cycling to work, bus travel, taxis and driving courses. Discounts available on Holidays and travel including travel insurance, holidays and currency. Discounts available on legal advice including on loans, mortgages, insurance etc. Discounts on food and drink at local restaurants, cafes and bars, hair salons, beauty salons, healthcare products, exercise classes, and discounted gym membership.
What's on offer for the Social Worker
· Excellent competitive pay rate – paid weekly!
· Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
· Desirable location with excellent transport links
· A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children's
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**