The Council is seeking to recruit an interim Appointeeship Officer to support the Appointeeship team.
The Appointeeship team provides a financial management service for individuals who lack capacity, are at risk of financial abuse or are unable to manage their own financial affairs. This is an important role within team to ensure it delivers its statutory duties effectively where it acts as the Appointee for the client. The role is varied and busy and will provide exposure to many teams in the department as well as dealing with clients, external parties and their queries around Appointeeship arrangements.
The role is varied and will involve:
• Processing applications for Appointeeships, and benefits on behalf of clients.
• Maintaining and updating client records on the Appointeeship systems.
• Dealing with queries from clients, the public, social workers and other external parties regarding Appointeeships.
The successful candidates will need to demonstrate good numeracy and organisational skills. They should be effective communicators and be able to process data quickly and accurately. They should be conversant with Microsoft applications and comfortable using systems.
children’s and adults services
Primary Purpose of Job
To administer corporate appointeeship arrangements for the Council and to ensure that the Department fulfils its statutory duties where either the Council or its contractors act as appointees for the Council’s clients.
To deliver administrative services in regard to clients who the Council have financial responsibility for under appointeeship via Jobcentre Plus/Department of Works and Pensions
To create, organise, manage, update and maintain the use of information systems relating to appointeeships
To monitor appointeeship arrangements where the Council’s contractors operate as appointees for the Council’s clients.
Development, implementation and delivery of appropriate systems in relation to appointeeship arrangements for community based clients.
To support appointeeship arrangements in place for clients in residential based care.
To support the development and implementation of effective monitoring arrangements for appointeeship contractors providing services on behalf of the Council.
To liaise with Heads of Service, Managers and Assistant Managers in the various services that support appointeeship clients, Administration Officers in the Finance Team and other organisations in matters relating to appointeeships.
Work effectively with other team members to contribute to improving the work of the team.
Build effective working relationships, both within the Department and with outside agencies such as the banking provider, in order to manage on-line banking services.
Plan and manage work to meet specified deadlines and requirements.
Organise, support and maintain the use of information technology systems and software.
To be responsible for the research, preparation and presentation of information.
Provide advice and support where required and to develop the team and individuals in regard to appointeeship work.
Assess numerical information to administer payments and make appropriate applications on behalf of clients.
You must have:
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the ‘Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**