The purpose of this job: To provide a strengths based, outcome focussed assessment service to all adults (with the exception of adult mental health) across community and hospital settings. The post holder will be required to: • Provide a professional social work service, including statutory social care responsibilities • Contribute to service delivery that is strengths based and outcome focussed with an emphasis on promoting independence and enabling recovery • Work collaboratively with other professionals and agencies to address complex needs and achieve the most ideal outcomes for individuals and their carers that supports their choice and independence • Work collaboratively with health colleagues to ensure safe and timely discharges from hospital, to the most appropriate service and setting for the individual Core tasks 1. To deliver a professional Social Work service. 2. To contribute to the delivery of strengths based social care service as outlined in national legislation and guidance and in line with county policies and procedures 3. To contribute to the provision of high quality assessments and support plans for individuals, in consultation with the person and their carer. 4. To work collaboratively with health colleagues to ensure safe and timely discharges from hospital the most appropriate service and setting for the individual that actively supports their choice and independence. 5. To promote the creative and flexible use of personal budgets to appropriately meet the needs of customers and carers 6. To communicate effectively with customers, carers, other agencies and professionals to support the delivery of a co-ordinated response to customer and carer needs 7. To effectively prioritise and manage your caseload. 8. To keep accurate records in relation to the contact and work undertaken, using electronic record systems (Liquid Logic) and other relevant ICT systems. 9. To contribute to effective team working and to service development and to work with management to identify improvements that could be introduced to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the Directorate 10. To undertake continuous professional development including attendance at formal training The post holder is expected to carry out their duties and responsibilities in accordance with the County Council’s Policies and Procedures and the Directorate’s Statement of Principles and Standards of Conduct.
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Adults
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the ‘Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**