We are looking for an outstanding Fostering Social Worker who can support placements from the Devon/Somerset borders to Cornwall – so flexibility to travel across this cluster as and when needed is imperative for this role. During Covid times, we support agile / homeworking with the expectation to progress back into our office base when we can, with continued flexibility and a mix of home, office and travel to meet children and carers where they are.
You will make a difference by:
– Providing professional supervision and developmental support, including advice and guidance to fostering families and working with other professionals where appropriate.
-Completing complex assessments of applicants to foster, making appropriate recommendations, with a view to ensure outcome focused achievements for children, young people and families.
-Supporting fostering families to look after children and young people who have experienced trauma and , ensuring they have the skills and knowledge to enable them to undertake this complex task within a family home environment, undertaking fostering reviews, providing high quality, analytical reports and presenting to Panel where appropriate, ensuring that children are receiving the best service possible.
-Being accountable for ensuring statutory compliance in respect of notifications, etc and meet regulatory body requirements at all times re registration.
-Enthusiasm for learning and development, for yourself as a reflective practitioner, and in support of our carer training – this is a learning organisation.
What’s on offer for the Social Worker
· Excellent competitive pay rate – paid weekly!
· Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
· Desirable location with excellent transport links
· A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children's
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**