A new and exciting opportunity has arisen within the Accommodation Team at Northumberland Adolescent Service for a Social Worker who will have case responsibility for our Unaccompanied Asylum Seeking Young people (UASC) aged 16+ and homeless 16/17 year olds, who are in need of accommodation and support. As part of this role, we are ideally looking for an enthusiastic, creative and resilient person to join the team, who is keen to work with the service to develop this role and to be part of a small team that offers targeted support to young people in need. Experience of working with UASC young people, awareness of external services for UASC and the ability to complete age assessments is essential; as well as an understanding around the needs of homeless young people, homeless legislation and completing Children & Family (C&F) Assessments. The role is a full time post, 37 hours per week
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children’s
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**