To work as part of a team to deliver the following:
– Covid compliance activity and casework
– Raising awareness of the service and partnership activity through campaigns such as ASB and Hate Crime Awareness Weeks
– PSPO engagement and enforcement
– Multi-agency partnership patrols and days of action
– Coordinated casework responses to issues such as youth asb and begging across Manchester
The role allows for some home-working but the majority of the role will involve face to face engagement with the public and partners across Manchester.
Full UK Driving License and access to a vehicle for business use is desirable but not essential.
Hours of work 35 hours per week Monday to Friday between 8am – 8pm dependent upon the needs of the service. 6& 12 month contracts available
Covid risk assessment will be required prior to any appointments.
Enhanced DBS required
Technical requirements (Role Specific)
· Willingness to consent to and apply for an enhanced DBS Disclosure.
· Possess a full UK Driving License
· Awareness and understanding of key ASB legislation and its practical application
· Confidence and assertiveness to challenge and instruct solicitors.
- To be able to implement a wide range of interventions to secure compliance.
Provide sound advice and guidance to stakeholders with regards to enforcing standards and regulating community activity, using a wide range of compliance and regulation knowledge to realise sustainable solutions.
Lead on the delivery of Manchester City Council’s statutory enforcement obligations and where necessary liaise with other Council departments or relevant bodies.
Ensure that all requests are dealt within designated timescales and quality standards and that activity is proportionate, effective, has impact, long lasting and delivered to a high standard.
Ensure the provision of high level and often complex support to internal and external customersand stakeholders, upholding excellent standards of customer service.
Maintain competence in subject matter specialism, undertaking research and information gathering to ensure Council adopts and maintains best practice in areas of specialism.
Take full responsibility for the quality of data ensuring the recording of information is timely, accurate and complete.
Roles at this level may be required to undertake management duties, either through direct line management of a team (including appraisals, performance management and other duties) or through matrix management of a virtual team of officers.
Personal commitment to continuous self development and service improvement.
Through personal example, open commitment and clear action, ensure diversity is positively valued, resulting in equal access and treatment in employment, service delivery and communications
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the ‘Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**