ROLE: Family Support Worker
CONTRACTS: 2/3 months with potential to be extended
PAY RATE: £10ph + approx umbrella
QUALS: Level 3 Health & Social Care
Social Care Assistant
An interim opportunity has been developed to support our locality Children’s Social Work Teams based in Winsford, Chester and Ellesmere Port.
This interim post of Social Care Assistant will form part of our response to the additional demand, pressures, and complexity within our children’s social care teams created by the on-going Covid19 pandemic.
Our Children’s workforce is passionate and committed to improving outcomes for children in our authority by providing a consistent, high quality service to children and families and it is because of this we are investing in our workforce with the introduction of this role, to support the social work teams in continuing to meet our standards and commitment to children and families.
The Social Care Assistant will provide additional capacity and support within the Children's Social Care Teams. The Social Care Assistant will work within frontline teams in conjunction with Social Workers and Social Care Team Managers to deliver additional support.
Your tasks will include: –
• Supervising ‘Family Time’ (contact) for children with their families (where this is not able to be covered elsewhere)
• Welfare/monitoring visits as part of supporting social work planning for children
• An additional person to accompany Social Workers on visits to children and families where needed
• Liaison with partner agencies and key agencies to ensure effective and consistent information sharing
• Practical support where families need immediate assistance such as gas/electricity/food.
• Supporting parents and social workers in getting children to appointments and school
• Supporting parents where children are not in school and parents need to attend meetings with the children’s Social Workers.
• Supporting children and families in accessing activities and groups
• You will be required to record all case work as per current CWAC recording policy. This includes maintaining accurate, good quality case records that evidence the child/young person’s views.
• undertake such work as may be determined by the Team Manager
Knowledge skills and Experience
• NVQ/BTEC Level 2 or equivalent.
•Experience of building strong, effective relationships with children, young people, and families in times of challenge and crisis.
•Experience of undertaking direct, activity-based work with children, young people, and families.
•Knowledge and understanding the impact of trauma on children, young people and families
•Knowledge of Children Act 1989 and 2004 and other legislative and policy guidance applicable within Children's Social Care.
The role requires the postholder to be mobile throughout a wide operational area including travelling around Cheshire West & Chester and occasionally beyond, therefore a driver’s licence, car and business insurance is essential.
What's on offer for the Support Worker?
- Excellent competitive pay rate
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 2 years of employment
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**