The role holder will work with complex cases in accordance with statutory responsibilities. They will deploy these responsibilities in accordance with national and local policies and procedures to secure positive outcomes for customers.
The role holder will manage safeguarding risk effectively, working within a multi agency environment, providing a professional social work service.
To promote the independence and well-being of adults of working age and/or older people.
To undertake the initial assessment of safeguarding concerns. This will involve demonstrating an understanding of Safeguarding Adults practice and policy. To be able to make decisions in a timely manner with multi agency partners in regard to the assessment of Safeguarding Adults concerns and the need for a s42 Care Act enquiry.
To work in a holistic and person centred way, ensuring customers and families remain central to the processes they are part of.
The role holder will supervise and develop students and trainees and contribute to the development of other staff including other social workers.
Good understanding of Safeguarding Adults Required
What’s on offer for the Social Worker?
- Excellent competitive pay rate
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children, in particular previous experience of Assessment work
- Social Work England registration or Social Care Wales registration for North Wales.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**