We require an experienced child protection social worker for our Child Protection Service that completes , C&F assessments, Section 7&37, CIN and CP plans along with PLO.
We require an experienced court based Social worker for our CLA team to complete court assessments and court work alongside CLA permanency plans
3 years minimum experience required
1. Promote the welfare and safeguarding of children, young people and their families in Knowsley. 2. To carry out timely assessments on children, young people and families in accordance with the Framework for Assessment and working together guidance. 3. Ensure assessments and planning for children and young people actively promote the participation and engagement of all relevant agencies, the child/young person and their family. 4. Prepare/formulate care plans for children and young people which take account of their views wishes in the implementation of those care plans. 5. To maintain case records to a high standard and produce reports in accordance with the Service guidance/policy and procedure which reflect national guidelines using the relevant information technology. 6. To ensure that the diverse needs of children, young people and their families are identified, met and regularly reviewed and plans updated to reflect any subsequent changes. 7. To participate in developmental activities as may be required, and to promote improvement of service or the use of resources. 8. Ensure the statutory duties of the Council are fulfilled and met in accordance with legal requirements and Service responsibilities in relation to statutory reviews or instruments in accordance with the particular responsibilities of the post taking into consideration the council’s duty to promote and safeguard a child’s welfare. 9. To pursue appropriate personal and professional training and development opportunities as and when they occur to ensure compliance with GSCC and Directorate standards/expectations. 10. To comply with all the Council’s Standing orders and Financial regulations.. 11. Any other duties (commensurate with the grade) which will assist the Service in meeting its objectives Health and safety • To use equipment as instructed and trained • To inform management of any health and safety issues which could place individuals in danger Data Protection and Information Security • Implement and act in accordance with the Information Security Acceptable Use policy and Data Protection Policy, • Protect the council’s information assets from unauthorised access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference, • Report actual or potential security incidents.
What’s on offer for the Social Worker?
- Excellent competitive pay rate
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children, in particular previous experience of Assessment work
- Social Work England registration or Social Care Wales registration for North Wales.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**