ROLE: Children’s Social Worker Newly Qualified
TEAM: Assessment Team
CONTRACT: 3 months with potential to be extended
RATE: £17+ph umbrella tbc
QUALS: Social Work degree and SWE registration
Wrexham Local Authority are looking to recruit two newly qualified Social Workers to support with the open Care and Support plans in the child care Assessment Team. This support will involve reviewing the plans, working with parents and other agencies to ensure families are receiving the support they need to prevent risks escalating. Closing cases and signposting to community services will also be part of the role. The workers will be supported and Guided throughout the process. This is an ideal opportunity for newly qualified workers to gain experience in an initial assessment Team and understand how the assessments and plans are formulated, actioned and reviewed.
What's on offer for the Social Worker
· Excellent competitive pay rate – paid weekly!
· Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
· Desirable location with excellent transport links
· A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children's
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**