We require experienced Family Support workers, also referred to as Children and Family workers within busy Children’s social work child protection Locality Teams, based within Normanton and central Wakefield. The roles will be within a well-established and stable teams. You will support qualified social workers in their work with children and families, with duties including facilitating contact for looked after children, undertaking direct work with children, assisting with signposting and referring families to relevant services. You will also be asked to accompany qualified social workers on some visits. Parenting support will also be an integral part of your role.
You will need to have experience of working with children and adults. The role will be for three months initially.
Core hours are 8.30-5pm. though some flexibility is required, depending on the needs of the services
What's on offer for the Support Worker?
- Excellent competitive pay rate
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Adults, in particular previous experience of Assessment work
- Social Work England registration or Social Care Wales registration for North Wales.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**