We are currently seeking qualified and experienced full time (37 hours) social workers to join Warrington Borough Council Over 65’s Service. The service covers 4 geographical areas in Warrington; South, West, East and Central. Each team is supported by a Team Manager, a Senior Practitioner, Experienced Social Workers, Social Workers (including ASYE) and Community Care Workers. The teams also have access to admin support.
The Over 65's service carry out a care management function working primarily with people over the age of 65 years with a range of complex needs including Dementia. We are seeking agency workers with knowledge and experience of completing Care Act Assessments, Safeguarding enquiries, Continuing Health Care, Mental Capacity Assessments and Best Interest processed. Experience of Court of Protection case work would be advantageous but not essential. You will work within the legislation of the Care Act, Mental Capacity Act and the Mental Health Act in order to deliver personalised assessment, support planning and reviews following the strengths based approach, networking with partners and ensuring holistic outcomes and will be fully supported by our management team with your individual caseload.
Full clean drivers licence is required as will need to travel across Warrington to complete Care Act Assessments/Reviews.
Warrington Borough Council adopt an agile working policy and so this includes working from home as well as the option to use the office if required.
Initially for 3 months but potential for extension.
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Adults.
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**