Children with disabilities Social Worker
- Social work qualification
- To have demonstrable knowledge of CWD short breaks, social work with children with disabilities and their families, child protection, safeguarding children, early help assessment/team around the child and the care of looked after children and apply this to practice
- Be flexible and where needed provide social work for children in need (team around the child in Stockport), children in need of protection or a looked after child, including children who’s cases proceed to court proceedings
- To complete investigations, assessments; draw up plans and review the progress of the plans in accordance with agreed and statutory timeframes
- To work with others to secure the best outcomes for the children you are allocated to work with
- To identify and secure the most appropriate service to support and safeguard children and families
- To work as part of the CWD short breaks and CWD social work teams and offer CWD support to all Stockport Family colleagues to support and safeguard children
- To keep accurate and timely records in line with local and statutory requirements
- To ensure that service user views and the voice of the child is incorporated into all your work
- To work dynamically within Stockport Family and with partners to identify pathways for support for children and families, using strengths-based principles
- To be a champion for Stockport Family and the principles of restorative approaches and of quality conversations, collaboration and minimal points of transfer
- To practice and promote a culture which places children, young people and families at the heart of the service
- To work in accordance with legislative requirements and local, regional and national policy and procedures
- To keep up to date with national and local developments relevant to the service are
- To work collaboratively and creatively with schools, colleges, other Local Authorities, other agencies, the voluntary sector and other groups to coordinate interventions for vulnerable children and young people
- To understand and embrace restorative practice and a strengths-based approach to work with children, families and communities
- Contribute to the development of an effective and well-functioning team by using emotionally intelligent social work practice i.e. self-awareness, interpersonal awareness, self-management and interpersonal relationship management.
- To perform any other duties that correspond reasonably with the general character of the post and that are commensurate with its level of responsibility.
- To be a car driver or have the ability to get to visits and between bases in a timely manner.
What’s on offer for the Social Worker
· Excellent competitive pay rate – paid weekly!
· Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
· Desirable location with excellent transport links
· A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children's
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**