x3 support workers are required to work set shifts to support people using a service for adults with care and support needs for 6 months. set shifts have been uploaded to the order. Main Activities & Responsibilities: To assist and support people using the service with personal care and physical tasks e.g. assistance with dressing, washing, bathing and with meals Social duties (e.g. talking and helping people using the service to maintain contact with family, friends and community, and recreation) aimed at creating a supporting atmosphere where people using the service can achieve maximum independence. Encourage and assist people using the service with individual and group social and therapeutic activities of the service. To participate in the normal domestic tasks connected with the daily routine of the service and the personal needs of the people using the service. To enter details of incidents and events occurring during a period of duty in the appropriate records, and to report verbally to the senior member of staff on duty before leaving the premises. To report and record significant matters in the lives of people using the service in accordance with the department’s policy to Access to Records. To maintain and update care plans and risk assessments with people using the service and senior staff on duty To distribute/administer medication as instructed. To attend and participate in staff meetings and supervisions. To undertake other such duties related to the work of the Council as may be assigned which are consistent with the nature of the job and its level of responsibility. Regular surveillance and observations of people using the service and the building throughout the period of the shift.
You must have:
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the ‘Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**