Enfield Catering Services within the resources department.
Purpose of the Role:
Provide high quality and comprehensive administrative and/or finance support to a team or service in relation to any of the functions undertaken, ensuring that an effective, efficient and customer focused service is delivered within required timescales and in line with Corporate Policies.
Dimensions including Structure Chart:
1. Structure Chart:
· Support the day-to-day financial, clerical and administration functions in order to facilitate the smooth running of the team and provide an efficient and effective service.
· Maintain effective and efficient administrative and information management systems, using the appropriate means, in order to support the work of the department.
· To attend and provide administrative support to team meetings, taking notes and producing draft written records within agreed timescales.
· Use relevant databases, in the course of normal duties, to include data input, data interrogation as directed.
· Where required, to use the Council’s electronic procurement system (SRM) for the day to day provision of goods and services.
· Deal with straightforward customer enquiries and follow through to resolution, ensuring all stakeholders are updated and the adequate audit trails are in place.
· Ensure data and records are maintained in accordance with agreed standards and in keeping with the Data Protection/Freedom of Information regulations including the regular housekeeping of computerised and paper information following document management processes.
· Assist with the provision of an accessible customer care focused reception service, and when necessary, request assistance to manage the distress or difficult and challenging behaviour of callers.
· Provide a front line face-to-face/telephone service to customers, making suitable referrals to other service areas where appropriate and resolving enquiries to a high standard, ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction.
· Identify any difficulties visitors/service users may have in making an enquiry or receiving information, in order that suitable and sufficient methods of communication can be provided.
· Attend regular service meetings and, with colleagues, contribute ideas and make recommendations for improvements/changes in existing procedures, policies and processes.
· To work as part of a project team and to assist in the delivery and completion of work projects, supporting different work streams, ensuring the successful completion of the project.
· Manage own performance effectively to meet goals and targets and work to required deadlines, adhering to Departmental and Council policies, procedures and systems at all times.
· As discussed with the line manager, take responsibility for own learning and development and participate in performance management and development discussions in line with the performance appraisal review process.
· To undertake any other reasonable duties commensurate with the grading of the post
· Carry out all accountabilities in compliance with the Council’s Policies and Procedures