The Children with Disabilities Team manages cases where disability is the overriding factor to consider with regards to outcomes and impact for the child. One of our functions is to assess and offer appropriate short break services to children who have a diagnosed disability and/or complex health needs and their families. However some disabled children are also in need of safeguarding and in these cases we also manage children in the child protection process including Child Protection Conference, Public Law Outline and Proceedings.
What else does the team offer.
A number of the children that are held by our team are Cared for Children, both on Full Care Orders and section 20 agreements. These children are managed under Care Planning and Fostering Regulations with oversight of an Independent Reviewing Officer.
How does the team work.
The team is made up of a manager, an Advanced Practitioner six social work posts (one of which is two part time posts) and two social care workers.
The Children with Disabilities Team sits within the Early Help and Schools Department and we work alongside our SEN, RAN, Ed Psych and HI and VI Team colleagues
SW Feedback about Rochdale:
"I started working for Rochdale as an agency social worker in October 2020. Since my time in Rochdale I have found my team members, staff, managers and senior managers as supportive, friendly and approachable. Managers and senior managers are always around to support all staff with any issues and senior managers send an email update every week on all issues relating to staff and an update with information relating to Covid 19. The models used in Rochdale for assessing families are easily accessed on the intranet and there is a rolling training programme which all staff can access which is kept up to date with a full list of all training programmes. I would recommend Rochdale as a Council to social workers as a really welcoming and supportive council to be employed by."
"My experience with Rochdale Children Services is fantastic, I joined Rochdale in November 2020. When I joined the FRT Team I received a warm welcome I felt like I was part of the team. My manager is nurturing and the staff at Rochdale are supportive, I have access to training which is really great."
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children’s, in particular previous experience of Assessment work
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**