5 years reference, gaps in employment history checked, any relevant quals as per JDPS
Request for Support Hub –
‘Blackpool Families Rock’ Request for Support Hub, is seeking to recruit 2 Agency social workers to cover maternity leave, this is our Multi Agency Hub and is central to triaging requests for support for children and their families in Blackpool.
The primary task of social workers within the Request for Support Hub is to provide advice, support and triage/screen requests for support and phone calls to children services.
It is our "one front door" to Children’s Social Care and is designed to ensure that referrals are signposted to the appropriate service in line with the Levels of Need and as an experienced social worker you will have a good understanding of the application of thresholds and will demonstrate excellent skills and confidence in liaising with partner agencies. This post does not involve case holding.
Assessment and Support Team –
As an Agency Social Worker within our Assessment and Support Team you will have a keen interest in those children in need of help and protection. As a Social Worker within the team you would be responsible for providing a quality service to our children in need of support and protection. The team completes Child and Family Assessments, Section 47 enquiries and initiate care applications where required, as well as providing short term packages of support under child in need.
•As a Social Worker within the team you will be supported to provide the very best service for children with a reduced case load. You will have the opportunity to work intensively with families utilising a strength based approach to practice that is creative and innovative and enables families to develop resilience and sustainability. You will strive to improve outcomes and the lived experience of our children.
•The quality of practice will be supported by regular supervision, excellent training opportunities and tools and resources readily available to assist in your day to day work. Blackpool wants social workers who are passionate, committed and who want to do the best they can.
What's on offer for the Social Worker
· Excellent competitive pay rate – paid weekly!
· Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
· Desirable location with excellent transport links
· A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children's
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**