It’s an exciting time to be joining Children Social Care in Warrington, our social workers work alongside our Team Managers playing a key role in ensuring the families we work with are effectively supported.
Our social workers also play a crucial role in implementing our practice model, and work closely with our senior practitioners and Team Managers in developing outstanding social work practice across the teams.
We are looking for a committed agency social worker who feels confident in making decisions to support, safeguard and protect children and commitment to learn. You may have significant direct experience of working with children with disabilities and their families and/or a willingness and the ability to learn how best to support children and families in this area of work.
Here in Warrington we are on our own journey and are proud to be graded Good in all areas in our 2019 Ofsted inspection. It say;-
“Most social workers are permanent and experienced employees. This is complemented by a continuous supply of both recently qualified and qualifying social workers, who unanimously endorse the high standard of support and early career development provided by the local authority. Social workers’ morale across the service is high, and they are realising the benefits of smaller teams, continuous allocation to children, manageable caseloads and the considerable investment in their training and development. Social workers also appreciate the importance given to their emotional well-being and welfare through regular ‘check-ins’."
We have a strong vision for social work practice in Warrington and are developing a new approach to social work. We are currently embedding a relationship based practice model that has systemic practice at its core. We are working alongside the Centre for Systemic Social Work, who are providing a comprehensive training programme to social workers and managers across our teams.
In Warrington we want all children and families to benefit from high quality and purposeful relationships with professionals. We believe this will help create the best opportunities for people to change and reach their full potential. We also believe one of the most effective way to improve the outcomes for children and families is through providing our social workers with the best conditions in which they can thrive.
We are also moving to our new building in Time Square, this is a great work space with hubs and pods in order to provide a great environment to work, furthermore, with cafes and restaurants on the doorstep.
So if you want to make a difference to the lives of vulnerable children and young people with relationship based practice at the heart of everything we do and develop great relationships, then come and join us in Warrington where we are passionate about our work with children and families. We have high aspirations for our children and welcome those who share our ambition.
We are currently operating a hybrid model of working and anticipate for this to remain the case for the duration of this contract.
You must have:
- A professional qualification in Social Work and experience of working with Children
- Social Work England registration or Social Care Wales registration for North Wales.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
What’s on offer for the Social Worker?
- Excellent competitive pay rate
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or other opportunities please visit www.jobs.Semester.co.uk to apply or feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285*