JOB TYPE: Contract usually lasting around 3 months – usually extended further on a monthly basis, depending on services need.
We require 4 social workers across our 5 locality teams. These will be based from the Wigan Life Centre Office. Flexible working via office base/home working is available and variation of hours if appropriate.
The applicant will hold a protected caseload of Chid Protection and CiN. There may be opportunity also to work in the court arena and undertake proceedings.
The applicant will have the support of an experience manager and advanced practitioner and will be very much part of the Wigan Council family, able to undertake training and developmental opportunities.
Wigan is an amazingly friendly and welcoming local authority. Our agency social workers are an integral part of our team and have the same benefits of permanent members of staff. This includes supported and managed case loads, regular reflective supervision and support from an experienced manager; access to training; opportunity for mixed base home/office working; access to regular training and departmental briefings. There is also free parking available
What’s on offer for the Social Worker
· Excellent competitive pay rate – paid weekly!
· Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
· Desirable location with excellent transport links
· A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children's
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**