There is an exciting opportunity to join Manchester’s New Arrivals Team that looks after our Unaccompanied Asylum Seeking Children (UASC). We have responsibility for the care of our UASC from the time they present to the council, until they transition to leaving care. We have 138 under 18 UASC at this time, all of whom are in the care of the local authority either under Section 20 or Section 31. In addition to our statutory roles we work closely with solicitors who support the immigration process and triple plan for all our children, to ensure we are confident that they are prepared for all eventualities. We also complete home office assessments for re-unification of children as well as age assessments.
What’s on offer for the Social Worker
· Excellent competitive pay rate – paid weekly!
· Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
· Desirable location with excellent transport links
· A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children's
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**