We are looking for a Level 3 SW with at least 3 years experience of working in a Learning Disability Team or an adult assessment team. You will be working within a busy learning disability assessment team based in Huddersfield, but currently we are working from home. You will undertake Care Act assessments, mental capacity and best interest work in a care management role. As a member of a team, the jobholder is responsible for the holistic assessment of individuals and their carers’ needs, arranging and/or delivering services to meet these needs and reassessing needs as appropriate. The jobholder will be responsible for the day to day management of those cases for which they are the named worker. Social Workers will intervene with legal and procedural authority to protect vulnerable people at risk of abuse or neglect; to help individuals, families and groups to sustain and develop their capacities for independent living and in complex situations to try to prevent or resolve conflict which may place individuals at risk. You will receive professional supervision from an experience social work manager in line with Kirklees Supervision Policy. Your supervisor will identify relevant training to your role to develop your knowledge.
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Adults
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the ‘Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**