Children Disability Team: Temporary Children’s Social Work post (3 months with potential extension)– Rotherham, South Yorkshire Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council, Children and Young People’s Services
This opportunity is within the Children’s Disability Team Key benefits – Why work for Rotherham?
• Low case loads
• Small teams
• Strong support from Team Manager and Service Manager
• You will be developed into an excellent CDT Social Worker. All Social Care Professionals will have opportunity for training in the ‘Signs of Safety’ operating mode and Restorative Practice approaches
• Early Help provision is strong, which is now reducing the demand for social care and supporting professionals with creative options for service users
• The opportunity to make a real difference to the children and families in need of your help with an established short break pathway
We will listen.
We will act.
We will do the right things for the right reasons. Will you?
Our vision is for the children and families of Rotherham to routinely experience and describe the services they receive from us, as outstanding. And we intend to do that by putting the child first in everything we do.
ABOUT YOU You will have experience of working with children subject to, Child in Need, Child Protection and LAC care plans You will have prior experience or a real interest in working with Children with Disabilities You will be able to take a key role in coordinating care plans, and care packages You will be used to undertaking workload and caseload reviews. You will be empathetic and sensitive to the needs of those children and families you are supporting You will have strong skills in assessment You will be an influential negotiator when dealing with potential conflict. You will have a knack for communicating complex messages in a straightforward way and sensitive to the communication needs of the children we work with You will not be afraid to think outside the box to solve problems and be creative! You will be capable of making decisions even when there is uncertainty. You will see the big picture and be open to working with others. You will be passionate about maximising a child’s life chances. You will care. Post start date: As soon as possible Working Hours – 9am – 5pm / flexible working. Monday – Friday
What’s on offer for the Social Worker
· Excellent competitive pay rate – paid weekly!
· Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
· Desirable location with excellent transport links
· A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children's
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**