Enhanced DBS Required
Housing benefit experience
Key Role Accountabilities:
Provide intensive support for customers with complex support needs offering holistic support plans that agree individual targets and work towards the achievement of longer term solutions and aspirations.
Assist customers to identify realistic goals, by providing choice and developing actions, ensuring full commitment and agreement from all parties to ensure the achievement of identified targets.
Adopt a flexible and personalised approach when working with service users and their families to enable the development of confidence and resilience and to help service users achieve independence and control of their own lives.
Maintain accurate, up to date records and collect data and information to evidence performance around service delivery to ensure achievement of internal and external targets.
Roles at this level may be required to undertake management duties, either through direct line management of a team (including appraisals, performance management and other duties) or through matrix management of a virtual team of officers.
Personal commitment to continuous self development and service improvement.
Through personal example, open commitment and clear action, ensure diversity is positively valued, resulting in equal access and treatment in employment, service delivery and communications
The Allocations Team sits within Manchester City’s Council’s Homelessness Services. It works to identify suitable emergency temporary accommodation and longer term temporary accommodation, either in dispersed accommodation, in-house or external providers, for households that present as homeless.
Identifying and securing emergency accommodation on the day for households, inspecting properties for the dispersed accommodation scheme, as well as liaising with providers, owners and agents.
Homeless people and applicants may present with complex issues and may be vulnerable. The role can be challenging and demanding, as the work will include working issues relating to drugs, alcohol, mental health and physical health problems. The team works closely with other services to ensure the best outcomes for the client group.
The role holder will be responsible for all aspects of the offering and placement of homeless households in temporary accommodation, ensuring accommodation offered is suitable and discharges homelessness duties in a timely and cost effective manner.
The role holder will secure properties for homeless households and other customers, including the provision of emergency temporary accommodation, ensuring it is suitable for customer needs.
Establish and maintain effective relationships with service users and stakeholders, liaising to ensure successful outcomes and that the service responds appropriately to the needs of its users.
Identify properties and negotiate with landlord/agents in order to procure these at the best available terms for MCC where applicable. Inspect properties to the required standard, liaise with providers, owners and agents where needed to ensure that tenancies are sustainable.
What’s on offer?
- Excellent competitive pay rate, paid weekly.
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Opportunities to work remotely
- A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- Previous experience within the same or similar role.
- Along with your 'Right to Work' documents we will need 2-3 references from previous employers.
- Relevant qualifications/certificates.
- Enhanced DBS
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**