ROLE: Children’s Social Worker
TEAM: Early Help
CONTRACT: 6 months with potential to be extended
RATE: £25+ph umbrella tbc
QUALS: Social Work degree and SWE registration
Early Help has an exciting opportunity for 5 enthusiastic and committed social workers to join a pilot project to deliver CBT informed interventions to children and young people in need of Early Help intervention and support. The successful social workers will receive intensive CBT training to give them a good grounding in delivering CBT approaches. The social workers will be supported by a qualified therapist to deliver CBT interventions to both adults and children. Weekly 1:1 support, group support and monthly clinical supervision will assist the workers with the interventions. Each social worker will hold 10 families each to provide assessment and intensive CBT informed support. provide interventions lasting 12 weeks for one hour per week. We predict once they are trained they will hold 10 clients each. Typically the families identified as suitable for the pilot project will be experiencing lower level emerging mental health needs such as anxiety/depression/emotional dysregulation/and difficulties with emotional well-being and mental health arising from domestic abuse and substance misuse. We are looking for social workers who have experience in Early Help, Child in Need and/or Child Protection and who are keen to progress their personal development and adopt an innovative model of working. Direct work with children and young people is a key aspect of this role and experience of completing holistic, child centred assessments and creating outcome focused, child centred plans would be beneficial.
What's on offer for the Social Worker
· Excellent competitive pay rate – paid weekly!
· Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
· Desirable location with excellent transport links
· A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children's
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**