*A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children’s is Essential*
Blackburn with Darwen Children’s Services require 2 full time agency social workers to cover in its Assessment & Safeguarding Service in Blackburn from June. The role will be initially for 3 months then reviewed and may be extended.
The candidate will have at least 3 years post qualification experience in Referral and Assessment and/or longer term Safeguarding/CP/Court work in Local Authority frontline statutory social work teams.
The candidate must have a current Social Work England registration and be a car driver, with previous experience of the use of Protocol Liquid Logic an advantage but not essential.
You must have good communication skills and be a team worker with the ability to work independently and manage a caseload.
There will be both home-working and office-based working arrangements as per the service requirements so you will be required to work flexibly.
· To undertake child and family assessments, in partnership with the Child, their parents or carers and other agencies, ensuring that the child and the child’s voice is central to the assessment, with appropriate consideration and analysis of risk.
· Together with service user and/or their parents or carers, to produce an outcome focussed SMART plan, following assessment that will meet the needs of the child, safeguard the child and promote permanence.
· To provide support, guidance, advice and services to families to ensure that issues of concern identified in the assessment are addressed in a timely manner and that the needs of the child are reassessed and reviewed as appropriate.
· To work as part of a multi-agency team to deliver the appropriate plan to children on your caseload
· To promote the welfare of children and young people in accordance with the Children Act 1989 criteria, and taking account of other relevant legislation as appropriate.
· To ensure that the views of children and young people are represented at each stage throughout the process.
· To be aware of and actively promote the Borough Council’s vision and values.
· To carry out the duties of the post in accordance with the Council’s diversity policy.
· To carry out all duties and responsibilities with reasonable care of the health and safety of you and any other persons who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work and to co-operate fully with the Council in health and safety matters.
· Abide by the objectives and targets of both the Section and the Department, and follow the procedures and practices utilised in all aspects of the work, including computerised and manual systems and the maintenance of relevant records.
· Fulfil personal requirements where appropriate with regard to Council policies and procedures, particularly Health and Safety, Equal Opportunities, Customer Care, Emergency Evacuation, Security, Work Standards, Sustainability and promotion of the Council's Strategic Objectives.
· To commit to continued professional development, including participating in the development of others and engage fully in reflective supervision with your manager.
· To take part in working groups, focus groups to contribute to plans to develop the quality of practice in the service.
What's on offer for the Social Worker
· Excellent competitive pay rate – paid weekly!
· Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
· Desirable location with excellent transport links
· A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children's
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**