Location: Bury, Greater Manchester
Salary: Up to £45k per year + Performance Bonus
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
Are you an experienced Manager of a residential care home for children? Are you passionate about helping vulnerable young people and looking for a new opportunity?
We are looking for an experienced Registered Children’s Home Manager, who will be able to take us through Ofsted inspection and to open our new care home (4 bedrooms). As the Home's Manager you will be responsible for the daily running of the Home, including staff management, budgets, ensuring high standards of care at all times, and maintaining a healthy and safe environment for all children and staff. You will also be responsible for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children, ensuring that the quality of care provided is consistent in line with company and Ofsted standards. To promote equality, diversity, rights and responsibilities of all children and young people and staff and on-call duties will be part of your remit.
- Must have at least 5 years of experience working with young people in Residential Care and at least 2 years of experience as a Registered Manager in a Children's Residential home. We will consider a deputy manager with a minimum of 3 years’ experience as a deputy manager in a children's residential home.
- Candidate must have previous experience in a role requiring supervision and management of care staff.
- Should be able to demonstrate auditing, managing budgets and monitoring skills.
- Can evidence knowledge of Reg 44 and Reg 45 reporting.
- Can demonstrate how to develop a staff team to ensure they have clear vision and goals.
- Has a good working knowledge of Children’s homes regulations and the Social care common inspection framework.
- Has integrity and good character.
- Can evidence knowledge of working within a clear therapeutic framework and the importance of multi-disciplinary working.
- Level 4 or 5 in Health and Social Care
- Either already have or willing to work towards the Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management for Residential Childcare.
- Good knowledge of current OFSTED legislations and policies
- Current enhanced DBS check
- Current driving licence
- 25 Days holiday rising to 30 days (1 additional day for each year of service)
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- On-site Parking
Duties will include:
- Responsible for managing all aspects of running the Home, for medium to long term planned placements.
- To ensure the Home exceeds all standards prescribed within the Quality Care Standards 2015.
- To ensure that young people's needs are met in line with the 5 Every Child Matters outcomes.
- To have a flexible and patient attitude when working with young people, strong behaviour management skills with a calm but firm approach
- Ensure all incidents are reported and dealt with immediately.
- To provide vision and leadership to staff within a specialist team, ensuring that effective systems are in place for workload allocation and management, the application of the company’s policies and procedures, including those relating to equality, supervision and appraisal and all aspects of their performance, personal development, health and welfare.
- Ensure that staff training and development needs are identified and met. To assist in training staff as required.
- To ensure that all Health and Safety Regulations are complied with in accordance with company’s procedures and practices.
- Manage staff rotas.
- Manage budgets for the home.
- Involvement in the recruitment and retention of staff.
If you are interested in this position or know someone who is – we offer a very generous referral bonus. Apply now or contact email@example.com for more details.