specialising in early years will be 37 hours per week. Hours can be discussed at interview.
Early years post will be to support trained volunteers to run early years sessions, promoting services and making referrals. The two community posts are to work in a range of community venues to promote our services, make referrals and recruit new volunteer and support with steps to training an employment.
1. Provide a high quality service to children, young people and their families, based on an assessment of need and is outcomes driven.
2. Deliver interventions to children, young people or families on a 1:1 basis or in a group setting, with appropriate direction.
3. Maintain effective working relationships and channels of communications with colleagues and with children, young people and families and where necessary encourage and promote involvement to achieve positive outcomes
4. Be alert to child protection and safeguarding issues and inform appropriate line managers of concerns in line with safeguarding policies and procedures
5. Attend and actively participate in relevant multi-agency meetings.
6. Be responsible for organising achievement of work objectives on a daily basis, including both pre and forward planning.
7. Retain accurate and contemporaneous records, using various IT systems to capture case details, outputs and outcomes as necessary and to produce written reports and present these as necessary.
8. Guide, direct or line manage staff and volunteers where necessary.
9. Ensure familiarity and compliance with relevant Action for Children policies and procedures
What’s on offer for the Support Worker?
- Excellent competitive pay rate
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 2 years of employment
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**