Semester Recruitment are currently recruiting a temporary Children’s Social Worker (2-3 months initially) with view to interviewing/starting ASAP with the possibility of the placement being extended for the right candidate.
This is an opportunity to join one of our professionally challenging and rewarding child care teams across Redcar. You will have personal qualities, professional skills and knowledge which will be applied and tested in all aspects of service delivery within a busy area team setting.
Main duties will include complex assessments, caseload management, family interventions and recording and monitoring work using an electronic case record system.
It is essential that you have a BA (Hons) in Social Work or equivalent; be registered with Social Work England (Formerly HCPC); committed to social work values; have effective interpersonal, communication, IT, assessment and writing skills; be able to work as part of a team and on your own initiative and have a flexible approach. Ideally you will have an in date Enhanced DBS that is subscribed to the update service.
In return we will offer you a competitive salary with weekly pay and an excellent working environment with a friendly team.
If this fantastic opportunity sounds of interest or if you would like to know more, give us a call today or click apply and a consultant will be in touch with you in due course.
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children's, in particular previous experience of Safeguarding, CIN, PP teams and Assessment work
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**