JOB ROLE PURPOSE Working within the Standards of conduct, performance and ethics as described by the Health and Care Professional Council (HCPC), ensure compliance with legal, organisational and multi-agency requirements, carry a caseload and undertake a range of community care and safeguarding assessments deemed to be suitable for a newly qualified social worker, including appropriate management of risk. On completion of their qualifying programmes newly qualified social workers should be able to demonstrate the knowledge values and skills to work with a range of service user groups and be able to undertake a range of tasks at foundation level. KEY TASKS 1. Provide information and support to enable people, groups and communities to access universal services, commission a range of services designed to minimise risks, and improve the quality of life for individuals, families, carers/carer groups and communities. 2. Balance needs and risks with rights and choices, taking account of power differences and promoting positive outcomes for individuals, families and carers. 3. Liaise with colleagues in own and other departments and external agencies in order to gather information relevant to assessment and reviewing of care planning activities. 4. Accurately record and critically analyse information, following organisational policies and meeting organisational responsibilities for safeguarding. 5. Work across organisational boundaries and contribute to the work of established and developing multi agency teams, applying your skills knowledge and professional judgement within the council and agency requirements helping to ensure seamless service responses to individuals with multiple needs. 6. Undertake social work with families in order to reduce the need for care or accommodation and a range of community care and safeguarding assessments in accordance with relevant statutory requirements, identifying risks, and appropriate support plans. 7. Maintain and update case notes and other records, write reports as required.
What’s on offer for the Social Worker
· Excellent competitive pay rate – paid weekly!
· Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
· Desirable location with excellent transport links
· A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children's
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**