Blackburn with Darwen Children’s Services have an exciting opportunity available for an experienced, full-time agency social worker with experience in Safeguarding/CP work, to work within its Safeguarding CP/Court Team. Experience of at least 2 years post ASYE is essential. The role will likely be for an initial 6 months with a potential to be extended further.
*Competitive rates of pay of £37-£40ph depending upon experience*
Blackburn's Systemic Teams work cases from Assessment through to the conclusion of proceedings. The Social Worker will hold a variety of CP, CIN and Court cases. Current average caseloads are 18.
The team is made up of a TM, DTM, AP and 5 social workers in each of 8 sub teams within the Systemic Service Area. There are 2 Service Leader above TM, and then Head of Service. There is an easily accessible and friendly management team.
Hybrid remote working is facilitated, in agreement with the TM and to meet the needs of the service. There is an expectation to be office based during your duty week for example.
- Free parking is available directly behind the office building
- Monthly supervision is provided for all cases
- Induction and training opportunities will match that of permanent employees
- Stable permanent management team
- Office based close to the town centre/services and networks
- Modern smartphones and tablets/laptops are provided
We require our Social Workers to have:
- A current SWE qualification
- Full time availability Monday – Friday
- Access to a car on a daily basis to complete face to face visits
- Availability and willingness to be office based to meet the service needs but this will be partly hybrid too
- IT skills to work the Liquid Logic system, although experience of this system is not essential
- Ability to prioritise workload, be a team player and have good communication
- Strong references and a great work ethic
What's on offer for the Social Worker
· Excellent competitive pay rate – paid weekly!
· Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
· Desirable location with excellent transport links
· A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children's
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**