1. To work sensitively with children with moderate to severe learning disabilities, and complex health needs, to develop their social and communication skills, and promote friendships, independence, and self-esteem.
2. To conduct assessments and support the planning of appropriate interventions and outcomes.
3. To consult meaningfully with children, young people, and their parents/carers to ensure that services are appropriate, tailored to individual need, reliable, and sensitive.
4. Ensure that the needs of children and young people are met through the delivery of planned interventions.
5. To act as Lead Professional where appropriate
6. To access wherever possible the fullest range of mainstream community resources and facilities in keeping with our aspirations for social inclusion and to provide activities that enable children to enjoy and achieve.
7. To up-date Sefton’s Register of Disabled Children through the completion of face to face interviews with families and annual reviews
You must have:
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**