To work a a HM Coroner’s Office in the Coroner's Office at Bolton Coroner's Court. 37 hours per week. Monday to Friday. Core office hours 8.30am to 4pm.
Working knowledge of medical terminology required.
To monitor reported deaths to ensure that they are dealt with efficiently, sympathetically and expeditiously.
To deal with all tasks relating to inquests, including opening inquests and their continuing conduct.
To be responsible for the efficient conduct of inquest files, including listings, hearings and liaising with witnesses and juries.
To liaise appropriately and sensitively with bereaved relatives regarding the post mortem process and its outcome.
To deal with families, undertakers or other personal representatives of the deceased either calling into the office or over the telephone
To discuss, process and accept death reports, including the completion of all relevant documents.
To provide advice on the legality of issuing of death certificates to doctors.
To receive and process post mortem results from Pathologists and present to the Coroner for certification of death or to open an inquest.
To compile inquest files and liaise with GP’s, the Health and Safety Executive and Environmental Health Departments, the Police Service and other agencies as and when required.
To liaise with the Registrar in completing and forwarding appropriate documentation.
To accept responsibility for own workload, working toward and pre determined deadline and ensure tasks are completed within the appropriate timescale.
Any other task relevant to the Coroner’s function.
Customer Care – To continually review, develop and improve systems, processes and services in support of the council’s pursuit of excellence in service delivery. To recognise the value of its people as a resource.
Promoting equality and diversity – To accept everyone has a right to his or her distinct identity. To treat everyone with dignity and respect and to ensure that what our customers tell us is valued by reporting it back into the organisation. To promote and participate in the council’s work to eliminate discrimination; advance equality of opportunity; and foster good relations between our diverse communities.
Developing Self and Others – To use processes and put processes in place to generate a learning environment. To focus on the strengths and requirements of all individuals and enable them to further their skills and knowledge. To actively pursue your own development. To be self-aware and role model continuous self-development.
Responding to Civil Contingencies – Bolton Council has a statutory duty under the Civil Contingencies Act to respond in the event of an emergency. If Bolton Council's Emergency Management Plan is activated, you could be required to assist, or assist others, in the continued maintenance or delivery of key Council services and of support to the community. This could require working outside of routine working hours and could entail working from places other than your normal place of work.
N.B. Emergencies requiring activation of the Bolton Council Emergency Management Plan only occur very infrequently. If you are asked to respond to an emergency, your personal circumstances at the time will be taken into account.
What's on offer?
- Excellent competitive pay rate, paid weekly.
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Opportunities to work remotely
- A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- Multi agency minute taking.
- Previous experience within the same or similar role.
- Along with your 'Right to Work' documents we will need 2-3 references from previous employers.
- Relevant qualifications/certificates.
- Enhanced DBS
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**