We are seeking a Social Worker to join the Initial Response Team/Single Point Of Access team within Wrexham Adult Social Care. IRT/Adults SPOA is a very busy front line team which manages and deals with initial referrals (SPOA) into the department of varying nature, as well as short term Social Work intervention (IRT) where needed. Knowledge, understanding and application of legal frameworks into practice is important, including, Social Services and Wellbeing (Wales) Act 2014 (parts 2,3, 4,7, 11), Mental Capacity Act 2005, Human Rights Act, Recourse to Public funds. Additionally, knowledge and understanding of the Secure Estate, Court of Protection, Deprivation of Liberty, MARAC, North Wales Safeguarding Adults Board Policies and procedures including Hoarding Protocol and Self Neglect Policy would be desirable.
What’s on offer for the Social Worker
· Excellent competitive pay rate – paid weekly!
· Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
· Desirable location with excellent transport links
· A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Adults
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**