The post is for an Adoption Social Worker based within our Recruitment and Assessment team who work assessing and supporting the adoptive families we recruit to meet the needs of our children and of the wider pool of children waiting for adoptive families. The role is varied including all stages of the recruitment and assessment process, the opportunity to facilitate preparation and ongoing training for families as well as being part of the wider team involved in finding the right families for our children who have a plan of adoption.
We are seeking to appoint an experienced social worker who has a good understanding of the issues faced by children who have suffered trauma and the qualities needed in adoptive families to meet those needs. You should be a good communicator, a team player and be passionate about achieving positive outcomes for children.
Adoption Counts is a Regional Adoption agency, delivering adoption services in Cheshire East, Manchester, Salford, Stockport and Trafford local authorities. The agency was one of 5 national demonstrator projects and was the second agency to go “live” in July 2017 and continues to play a lead role in national developments and have strong links with the DFE. Covering a large geographical area, we function in a hub and spoke model. Hub functions such as recruitment, marketing, performance management, panel management and finance are based in Wythenshawe. The area is then covered from three geographical spokes-the northern spoke being in Salford, central in Wythenshawe, and south based in Wythenshawe and Middlewich. This post will be based in our Wythenshawe office and will predominantly cover the southern area.
What’s on offer for the Social Worker
· Excellent competitive pay rate – paid weekly!
· Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
· Desirable location with excellent transport links
· A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children's
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**