2-months Fixed Term Agency Contract
Fire Service Headquarters, Swinton
An exciting opportunity has arisen within Organisational Business Support for a Contact Centre Advisor. You will be working in a fast-paced environment where delivery and results really matter.
Driving a whole range of community focused initiatives from our Contact Centre:-
• Ensuring that every home in Greater Manchester has a working smoke alarm.
• Encouraging prevention of fires through education.
• You can play a big role in helping us reduce fire-related deaths and injuries.
• You will be able to deal effectively with all queries and requests, whether they come in by phone, email, post or other means.
• Supporting our Safe and Well visit programme, you’ll need the initiative to quickly liaise with the appropriate people and locations.
You will be using a range of corporate databases and Microsoft packages on a daily basis. Helping to analyse data, review processes and improve the service we provide.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate professionalism, initiative, a customer focused approach and demonstrate strong organisational skills to handle demanding workloads.
The successful candidate must be highly motivated with excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to adapt and change within a dynamic environment. You will be an experienced administrator with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages (particularly Outlook, Word and Excel) and a strong attention to detail. You will be able to work to deadlines, prioritise workloads and communicate positively with internal and external stakeholders.
About you – You need to have experience in:-
• Working within a busy call centre
• Ability to deal with challenging customers
• Be competent in using databases and MS Office
• Excellent standard of English, both written and verbal
• Excellent customer service and listening skills
As an employer, the Greater Manchester Combined Authority (GMCA) is made up of a number of key Greater Manchester strategic functions and service providers including; Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service (GMFRS); Waste and Recourses; Environment; Work and Skills; Research; Public Sector Reform; Police, Crime and Criminal Justice; Homelessness; the Greater Manchester Ageing Hub and the Commissioning Hub.
We value the diversity of our employees, and aim to recruit a workforce which reflects our diverse communities across Greater Manchester. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified individuals, irrespective of people’s age, disability, gender, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or other personal circumstances. We have guidance in place to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and consistently at every stage of the recruitment process, including the consideration of reasonable adjustments for people who have a disability.
The GMCA is an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation
To find out more about working for us please click here: https://www.greatermanchester-ca.gov.uk/
Employees on the redeployment register will be given priority for any vacancies in the first instance. If employees are identified as a match from the register then the vacancy may be withdrawn or put on hold pending an outcome.
COVID 19: Please also note, due to COVID-19 and the social distancing guidance, all interviews will be taking place virtually on Microsoft Teams or Skype. For more guidance and hints and tips for remote interviewing see our website: https://www.greater.jobs/content/10275/our-top-tips-for-video-interviews If successful on application, the hiring manager will be in contact so that you can both test the technology before the interview
What's on offer?
- Excellent competitive pay rate, paid weekly.
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Opportunities to work remotely
- A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- Previous experience within the same or similar role.
- Along with your 'Right to Work' documents we will need 2-3 references from previous employers.
- Relevant qualifications/certificates.
- DBS desired (Not essential for all roles)
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**