CWD Social Worker
Job Title: Social Worker – Children with disabilities Team
Hours: 37 hours.
Base: Warrington Central (mixture of home working and office based)
We are looking for experienced qualified social workers to come and be part of our Children with disabilities team.
A bit about us…
We have a strong vision for social work practice in Warrington and are developing a new approach to social work. We are currently embedding a relationship based practice model that has systemic practice at its core. We are working alongside the Centre for Systemic Social Work, who are providing a comprehensive training programme to social workers and managers across our teams.
We have one CWD Team, within which we have a Team manager who is eager to support and develop all social workers alongside the senior practitioner. We have a range of exciting and impactful developments in Warrington that our social workers can utilise in supporting families, including:
• No wrong door – a multi-agency hub where young people at risk of going into care get targeted support to cope with the multiple issues they face;
• Families first (which includes Family Group Conference Co-ordinators, PAMS assessors and family support workers);
• A family time service (to assist in arranging and supervising the time that our children in care spend with their families);
• Restore – a service designed to work with Mothers who are pregnant and have children previously moved, with the aim of reducing repeat removals;
• Administrative team – the team are able to assist with taking minutes of meetings, scanning documents onto the system and other administrative tasks.
We are within easy commutable distance of Greater Manchester, Cheshire and Merseyside regions. In addition, we offer flexible working – including a blend of working from home/remotely
In Warrington we want all children and families to benefit from high quality and purposeful relationships with professionals. We believe this will help create the best opportunities for people to change and reach their full potential. We also believe one of the most effective ways to improve the outcomes for children and families is through providing our social workers with the best conditions in which they can thrive.
We’ve recently moved…
We have now moved to our new building in Time Square, this is a great work space with hubs and pods which will provide a great environment to work, furthermore, with cafes and restaurants on the doorstep. In addition, as a result of the pandemic we have reviewed our working practices and now offer significant opportunities to work from home.
We have high aspirations for our children and welcome those who share
What’s on offer for the Social Worker
· Excellent competitive pay rate – paid weekly!
· Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
· Desirable location with excellent transport links
· A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children's
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**