We are seeking to appoint an additional Social Worker within the Fostering Team. Your main role will be assessments of prospective carers on our Friends and Family Team. The roles will require excellent assessment and analytical skills whilst representing the authority in undertaking timely assessments of applicant foster carers.
We are looking for Social Workers with experience of undertaking assessments within set times scales. Social workers with positive approaches, solution focused and able to display and promote positive practice whilst demonstrating enthusiasm and passion for protecting children and young people across the city.
We offer a highly supportive and nurturing environment which enables individuals to grow as autonomous practitioners. We have adapted our working practice, by way of blended working and use of technology.
*Car club vehicles are available from the Civic Centre in Swinton, T&Cs apply."
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children’s
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**