JOB TYPE: Contract lasting usually 3 months with the potential to be further extended.
We are looking for an experienced, dynamic and highly motivated social worker who shares our aspirations for children and young people in Oldham. You will be passionate about securing good outcomes for children, young people and families. You will be part of a team of Social Workers that will specialise in meeting the needs of vulnerable children and young people. In this role you will undertake effective assessment and care planning as well as attend child protection case conferences, child in need meetings, legal planning meetings, LAC reviews, professionals’ meetings, and undertake statutory duties. In addition, you will be responsible for the completion of children and family’s assessments to determine thresholds of intervention with children and their families within a safeguarding context.
You will need to have post qualifying experience in within a statutory safeguarding setting, including but not limited to long term safeguarding and care proceedings. You will have knowledge and experience of Safeguarding and of legislation, regulations and guidance relating to Children’s social care together with an ability to assess and manage risk.
To have a responsibility for a complex and challenging caseload – dependent on skills and experience; to understand the journey and lived experiences of children and young people and to work with them to make things better in their lives. We will provide regular high quality reflective supervision, guidance and support.
To work alongside partner agencies to undertake various assessments, to devise and implement plans, and to evaluate and assess progress, in order to ensure the best possible outcomes for children, young people and their families, alongside partner agencies.
To continue to develop professionally and be accountable for the delivery of excellent social work practice.
If you have a strong commitment to working to secure good outcomes for children and families in Oldham and operate well within an environment that is supportive and targeted towards effective delivery, we would like to hear from you.
What’s on offer for the Social Worker
· Excellent competitive pay rate – paid weekly!
· Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
· Desirable location with excellent transport links
· A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Adults
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**