The role is within Calderdale’s Personalised Long Term Support Service – Adults over 65 with a variety of care and support needs. The role will be a key part in ensuring our continued success in fulfilling the Council’s statutory responsibilities under the Care Act 2014. The service is committed to helping people to achieve the outcomes that matter to them in their life and the successful applicant will work closely with colleagues to protect an adult’s right to live in safely, free from abuse and neglect. The teams work tirelessly with adults, carers and families to uphold Human Right and promote social justice.
The social workers will support with the duty function across the teams including palliative to assist with hospital discharges / End of Life hospital discharges, safeguarding initial enquiries, welfare checks in care homes, crisis intervention for those who are awaiting allocation. The role will include working closely with other professionals including OT, Physio, mental health, GP, District nurses, fire service and the police. The role will include completion of Mental Capacity Assessments & Best Interest and safeguarding case work.
The social workers will be joining a team of experienced social workers and service coordinators and supportive management that are dedicated to strengths-based and outcome-focused practice.
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Adults
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**