An opportunity has arisen for a 6 month placement with the Early Help and Early Years Service a Children and Family Manager. This post is a full time 37 hour position.
It’s an exciting time to join our service as we further develop our locality early help and prevention work alongside adult’s services, and are involved with the new Greater Manchester Early Help Community of Practice, where we have recently been involved in the development of the GM Early Help Principles ensuring a consistent approach that is- Timely; Holistic; Relational; Asset based; Empowering, Local & Sustained.
The Early Help & Early Years Service includes our Children’s Centres & Family Hub provision; Parenting and Relationship programmes; Family Learning; Family Information Service & Our Rochdale; Early Years Advisory and Childcare Team and the Early Years Funding Team. The service also works very closely with EHASH, NEST, Family Group conferencing and all other teams across Children’s Services.
We are looking for a passionate and committed person with relevant experience to join us and contribute to the leadership of child and family centred practice. The role include oversight of Supporting families key workers, ensuring consistent evidenced based practice and effective quality assurance of our Early Help provision.
You would be line managed by the Strategic Lead for Early Help & Early Years and work closely with our Locality Leads, Children and Family managers and School Readiness coordinators. You would also be part of a locality leadership team including managers across the service, providing the opportunity to continue to integrate our work with children and families.
Partnership working is central to the service and this role and you would have the opportunity to be involved in forums developing new ways of working, as well as those committed to supporting families inclusively and through integration across the multi-agency partnership.
The role will initially be based in Heywood but over the 6 months placement you many be asked to develop the same areas of work in Central Rochdale.The Independent Reviewing and Conferencing Team require a full-time qualified Social Worker, to fulfil a vacancy within the Team to cover and facilitate Conferences for Child Protection
Candidates will need to have minimum of 5 years post qualification Social Work experience within childcare settings and prior IRO/ CPCC experience would be a clear advantage.
Essential to the role:
• Understanding of legislation for Children in Need; Children subject to child protection plans; Pathway plans and children Looked After
• Evidence of preparing, producing, implementing, and evaluating plans with individual Children, families, carers, and professional colleagues
• Experience of leading, chairing, recording, and facilitating child protection meetings
• Ability to relate easily to and support children and young people to participate in their meetings and engage the family in decision making
For a full list of experience and duties please refer to the attached Job Description
Free parking at office base
Interviews for successful candidates will be conducted via Microsoft Teams or in a suitable meeting room
References will be requested for any candidates offered an interview
Interviews to be held w/c 01/08/22
You must have:
- A professional qualification in Social Work and experience of working with Children
- Social Work England registration or Social Care Wales registration for North Wales.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
What’s on offer for the Social Worker?
- Excellent competitive pay rate
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Desirable location with excellent transport links
- A stable and well-supported working environment
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or other opportunities please visit www.jobs.Semester.co.uk to apply or feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285*