The Access to Information Officer role is newly created position and will primarily process Data Subject Access Requests and other forms of requests received from data subjects and organisations. The role will also process requests received by the Council where the information is held by our Childrens and Adult Services Departments.
You will also provide education and awareness specifically within the areas of retention and disposal. This will include physical review of documents both electronic and paper based.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, passionate, and committed person to join the Corporate Information Team within the Council.
You should have practical and procedural knowledge of the Data Protection Act 2018 and the UK GDPR and information security best practice, with experience of processing complex Data Subject Access Requests.
You will have excellent communication skills, with the ability to present complex information accessibly in range of formats. You will have excellent organisational skills with the ability to plan and organise your own workload whilst dealing with competing priorities.
You must also be able to support the development of training materials and be able to deliver effective training sessions that will support areas such as retention and disposal.
You will be proficient in the use of MS office and records/case management systems and contribute as an effective team member of the Information Governance Team and Council.
What’s on offer?
- Excellent competitive pay rate, paid weekly.
- Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
- Opportunities to work remotely
- A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- Previous experience within the same or similar role.
- Along with your 'Right to Work' documents we will need 2-3 references from previous employers.
- Relevant qualifications/certificates.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**