1. NVQ III in a related subject such as Child Care or Health & Social Care, or equivalent
2. Recent experience of working with young people preferably within a Post 16/leaving Care setting.
Working within the council’s After Care Team, you will work with young people aged 16 25 years old who are or have been looked after or accommodated by the local authority in order to assist them to live an independent life. You will be expected to work in an anti-oppressive way, ensuring that our young people have life opportunities and appropriate levels of support.
About the role.
• To carry out the responsibilities and duties for looked after children in line with the Leaving Care Act (2000) and the Children Act (1989) whilst acting as an advocate for young people.
• To promote the involvement of young people in all aspects of service delivery and pathway planning and develop and maintain relationships with young people who are or have been looked after.
• To ensure files and records are accurately maintained, reflecting partnerships with families. In accordance with council policies and procedures.
• You will need to manage a caseload effectively, ensuring provision of written electronic records in line with the council’s systems.