Your main duties will include: holding a caseload of children who are looked after and ensuring that they achieve the very best outcomes in terms of their health, education and overall aspirations. Regularly review the children/young people’s care plan via regular care planning meetings and our Looked After Children service reviews led by the Safeguarding Quality and Assurance Team. Build positive relationships with children, carers and all professionals involved in working with the child and their family. Here In Salford we place great importance on care planning, stability and permanence for all our children. You will have access to panels to ensure that early intervention and wrap around support is in place for children where stability in placement is compromised. We also have an excellent leaving care service that works with our young people up to the age of 21 and 25 in some cases, and a bespoke service from our partners in CAMHS specific to Salford known as STARLAC who work with our most vulnerable children in care.
Our commitment to you includes:
• Welcoming you into a supportive, experienced and forward-thinking leadership team who can, and do, draw on a wide range of professional and specialist support striving to achieve excellence across the service.
• Excellent management support at every level.
• We will ensure you receive regular supervision, training and development time to support your career goals.
• You will have access to resources, toolkits and training to deliver effective interventions.
• At Salford we pride ourselves in supporting our staff to progress, we have a comprehensive Level 2 programme with enhanced training offer and Level 3 support which includes preparation for Practice Education, becoming a champion of practice within your specialist area and opportunities to prepare for roles in management. We’ll support you to succeed as a Salford leader through ongoing learning and development. This will include some core #LeadingSalford development and an immediate opportunity to gain a relevant leadership qualification.
• The opportunity to work and grow in a value based organisation where people are at the heart of everything we do. We promote a positive permission culture, empowering you to make a difference.
We have adapted our ways of working and provide a blended approach to working with access to a range of office spaces across the city as well as home working.
What’s on offer for the Social Worker
· Excellent competitive pay rate – paid weekly!
· Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
· Desirable location with excellent transport links
· A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children's
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**