Experienced Social Worker for Adult Safeguarding Team – 6 month position £26.88/hr
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Experienced Social Worker to join a very supportive and passionate team for 6 months.
Candidates will have the opportunity to work flexibly from home and in the office. Access to a car with business insurance is highly recommended.
Candidates will hold a caseload as well as support the duty function on a rota basis.
The role involves screening safeguarding referrals in line with the section 42(1) criteria and holding a caseload of section 42 enquiries (Care Act 2014). The role will involve undertaking home visits, participation in safeguarding enquiry planning and review meetings, complex mental capacity assessments, MDT working and supporting newly qualified social workers.
As an Experienced Social Worker, candidates will hold cases of varying priorities including high complex and high risk cases. Candidates will be required to have sound knowledge and application of the Care Act 2014, Mental Capacity Act 2005, Mental Health Act 1983, Human Rights Act 1998, Equality Act 2010 and Data Protection Act 2018/GDPR. Candidates will be required to uphold the safeguarding principles and promote Making Safeguarding Personal.
Candidates must have at least 2 years post qualifying experience and be able to work both autonomously and as part of a team.
What’s on offer for the Social Worker
· Excellent competitive pay rate – paid weekly!
· Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
· Desirable location with excellent transport links
· A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Adults
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**