The Missing From Home Support work will work flexibly and creatively to undertake
Independent Return Interviews (IRIs) for children and young people who return from being report missing from
home to the Police and will be a central part of the team around the child. Case work support will
be provided to reduce persistent missing and the workers will identify follow on
support to ensure universal services are connected. The workers will support the
Missing from Home Panels meetings to share intelligence, information and ensure the IRI is
informing safety and care planning. Support workers will be expected to interview children either in their family homes or at their educational provisions, so will be expected to work on their own initiative and manage their own caseload
Communication Skills: Demonstrates an understanding of the views of
others and communicates in a realistic and practical manner using
appropriate language and medium, listens attentively to views and issues of
others and responds to issues arising.
Ability to influence or persuade immediate departmental or functional
Planning & Organising: Demonstrate the ability to organize multiple tasks in
the most effective way, and allocate time and energy according to taskcomplexity and priority
Problem Solving & Decision Making: Is able to make effective decisions on
a day-to-day basis, taking ownership of decisions, demonstrating sound
judgement in escalating issues where necessary. Be logical in thinking and
explain reasoning behind decisions or actions taken.
ICT Skills: Ability to use multiple applications, systems and associated
Administrative Skills: Ability to arrange and service complex meetings,
preparing information, taking detailed notes and producing minutes from a
wide range of meetings.
Technical Requirements (Role Specific)
● Willing to consent to and apply for an Enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring
● Willingness to travel to any location within Manchester City boundaries
● Willingness to work between 8am – 8pm
You must have:
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the ‘Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**