The post will be within our Single Point of Access and Emotional Wellbeing Service (SPA/EWS). This team receives all referrals which are requesting secondary mental health care. The role will involve time in SPA triaging referrals, carrying out crisis assessments, assessing mental health and risks, formulating plans. When in EWS, the the role would also include having a small case load and providing a short term piece of focussed support and intervention. Hours of working for this post are different – the service is made up of four shifts ie. 8am-4pm, 9am-5pm, 10am-6pm, 12.00pm-8.00pm. The majority of the shifts, however, will be 9am-5pm. The worker will need to be flexible and available to work across these shifts. Some travelling around the city will be needed eg. to people’s homes to carry out assessments. The service is an emotionally challenging one and the post holder will need to be able to to assess risk, manage difficult emotions, and hear people’s life histories which can be traumatic. The post will also involve receiving safeguarding alerts and responding to these as appropriate.
What’s on offer for the Social Worker
· Excellent competitive pay rate – paid weekly!
· Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
· Desirable location with excellent transport links
· A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Adults
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**