We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Fostering Social Worker. The role will be working within a strong team and you will help to make a difference to the lives of cared for children .Our service is also absolutely committed to the 7 Corporate Parenting principles and the successful candidate will continue to ensure these principles are embedded across our service delivery and that the voice of the child and young person is at the centre of all our planning processes.
As a Fostering Social Worker, you will work alongside children’s social workers to identify and support foster carers to provide responsive care to children and young people in need of a family.
The Key Responsibilities of the role are::
– Undertaking assessments of perspective foster carers and connected persons foster carers.
– Providing regular support and supervision to carers, in line with agency procedure,
– Participate in the recruitment of potential carers, and identify training needs of foster families and deliver training as required.
– Working with colleagues within children services to review and understand the needs of cared for children and to support with matching children to our carers. To work in partnership in responsive approaches to help identify any needs within the foster family and with all other members of the child’s network, including contribution to all relevant meetings and other task defined.
– To establish and maintain effective working relationships with partner agencies to achieve best outcomes for children and young people
As a successful applicant, you will have:
– Experience of working with children and young people within the past 2 years including having skills/experience relative to fostering
– Experience of working with foster carers
– Experience of working to high quality standards on tight timescales requiring use of personal initiative, self-motivation, and a can-do attitude to your work
– CQSW/Dip. SW or equivalent
– Social Work England registered
What’s on offer for the Social Worker
· Excellent competitive pay rate – paid weekly!
· Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
· Desirable location with excellent transport links
· A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Children's
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**