Double vaccination is required
Trafford Council are recruiting 3 social workers to join their integrated community service within the North Neighbourhood Team.
The team works with Adults in a range of situations with varying disabilities including long term conditions, adults at risk drug abuse, Hoarding, dementia and alcohol issues.
We are looking for skilled and motivational social workers to work within a busy and challenging role.
A significant part of your role will be to provide social work assessment and interventions utilising a strength based and person centred approach, if necessary secure appropriate levels of funding where necessary in line with the Reshaping Trafford Policy.
For the level 3 post you will have at least 3 years post qualifying experience, and development and act as a mentor for less experienced staff.
In addition you will be required to provide an effective response to safeguarding enquiries in line with both the Care Act and local policy and procedures.
In return we offer flexible working arrangements, provide opportunities to develop skills through a structured development programme, and provide regular support through professional supervision.
If you have the following attributes this post may be just what you are looking for.
- Motivated for challenging existing ways of working
- Understand the importance of continually improving the service
- Enthusiastic to engage in adopting outcomes focused and strengths based assessments.
- Committed to peer support and learning, making the most of the diverse range of experiences all team members bring
- Committed to safeguarding the vulnerable adult population
- Experience working in a statutory Adult Social Care service
- A qualified Social Worker
About the Role
- A significant part of the role will be to engage in informative and preventative conversations which will include outcomes focused and strengths based social work assessments and related interventions.
- You will be required to manage a caseload of work organising your working hours to make best use of your time ensuring this work is balanced with the responsibilities and work demands of the team
- You will build effective professional relationships with other disciplines and with other local health and social care services to enable a coordinated response to the local population.
- You will share responsibility with other colleagues for the work load of the team, supporting each other to make best use of each other’s strengths, skills and knowledge in response to the adult social care demands from the local population.
- There will be a requirement for all team members to contribute to a duty rota responding to urgent demands for support for individuals in a state of crisis.
- The team is committed to peer support and learning, making the most of the diverse range of experiences all members bring.
- In addition you will need to demonstrate a commitment to providing an effective response to safeguarding the vulnerable adult population within the local area and oversee enquiries in line with both the Care Act and local policy and procedures.
About the benefits
- You will be joining a well-resourced team with a high staff retention level and flexible working arrangements.
- You will receive regular opportunities to develop your skills and support for your CPD evidence through training and will be provided with regular support through professional supervision.
- The office base is at Trafford Town Hall in the North of Trafford and is very accessible as it’s close to Old Trafford tram station.
- You will be welcomed into a friendly environment where your personal and professional development will be encouraged. You will have the opportunity to work and grow in a people-centred and values based organisation that promotes a positive permission culture. Your opinions matter so you will have the opportunity to shape how we do things here at Trafford.
- Trafford recognises the importance of staff wellbeing and offer a number of initiatives for staff including mindfulness, mental health first aiders, running & walking groups and health and wellbeing events.
- Flexible working & WFH along with some office working & visits
- Can offer condensed hours if needed
What’s on offer for the Social Worker
· Excellent competitive pay rate – paid weekly!
· Excellent management structure with experienced leaders
· Desirable location with excellent transport links
· A stable and well-supported working environment
You must have:
- A professional qualification in social work and experience of working with Adults
- Social Work England registration.
- Post qualified experience.
- Enhanced DBS/Update service.
- References required for the last 5 years of employment.
Benefits of working with Semester.co.uk:
- Free on-going training opportunities upon registering as part of our commitment to you.
- Competitive Rates of pay
- In house payroll, providing weekly payments and support
- Enhanced DBS completed.
- Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned dedicated & experienced consultant
- Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs, full or part time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
If you would like to find out more information about this role, or the other opportunities Semester.co.uk have available feel free to click the 'Apply' button below or contact the team on 0161 4199285**